Learn how to create an agile product roadmap centered on customer value. Learn how your team can strategically create a valuable backlog built to align with the vision.
- Once you have a clearly articulated vision…that the team understands, we need to get to a backlog.…This is part of the agile process…that doesn't have much guidance for teams…in many of the agile methodologies,…but it's an important part of making sure…what is built aligns with the vision and is valuable.…A Road Map defines the key features…and characteristics to achieve the product vision,…and in what order.…For a refresher on Road Map,…check out the course, Agile Product Owner Role.…
Getting from vision to backlog is no easy task.…There are so many approaches a team can take…for the same product.…Everyone seems to have an opinion…on the order and path to take.…Ultimately, we want a path centered on customer value.…There are numerous techniques that the product owner…and team can use to help determine…the best approach to get better business outcomes.…Let's discuss some key insights…and techniques to help you get from a vision to a backlog.…
It involves taking the product vision, and digging deeper.…Looking at the features and value…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Rallying your team around the product vision
- Creating an agile product roadmap
- Creating a release plan focused on value
- Breaking down features
- Setting up, creating, and analyzing user story maps
- Collaborating on the big picture
- Leveraging user stories
- Prioritizing the product backlog
- Working with your team
- Defining what "ready" and "done" mean
- Avoiding technical debt
- Guiding your team through estimating exercises
- Making sprint planning and standup meetings beneficial