Learn how to create an agile product roadmap centered on customer value. Learn how your team can strategically create a valuable backlog built to align with the vision.
- Once you have a clearly articulated vision…that the team understands, we need to get to a backlog.…This is part of the agile process…that doesn't have much guidance for teams…in many of the agile methodologies,…but it's an important part of making sure…what is built aligns with the vision and is valuable.…A Road Map defines the key features…and characteristics to achieve the product vision,…and in what order.…For a refresher on Road Map,…check out the course, Agile Product Owner Role.…
Getting from vision to backlog is no easy task.…There are so many approaches a team can take…for the same product.…Everyone seems to have an opinion…on the order and path to take.…Ultimately, we want a path centered on customer value.…There are numerous techniques that the product owner…and team can use to help determine…the best approach to get better business outcomes.…Let's discuss some key insights…and techniques to help you get from a vision to a backlog.…
It involves taking the product vision, and digging deeper.…Looking at the features and value…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.