In this video, Angela shares how agile product owners run a product backlog refinement meeting. Learn which team players should be involved at these meetings to ensure the team is prepared for sprint planning commitments.
- Back refinement is an ongoing and critical task…for product owners.…It's an essential input to so many parts…of keeping the team running…at a good cadence.…Let's look in more detail…at how to run a backlog refinement meeting.…- [Instructor] Product backlog refinement meetings…happen every week or two…and ensure the team is prepared…for sprint planning commitments…and planning the detailed tasks…for the sprint.…The product owner and technical team…or at least one developer and tester…are recommended to be there…and other team members as needed.…
Product owners prepare for a backlog meeting…by making sure the funnel shape backlog…is prioritized and analyzed.…They also prepare the upcoming items…with drafted acceptance criteria.…- The backlog refinement meeting…looks at the short, mid, and long term views of the product.…And ensures the team understands the short, mid,…and long term view with alignment to the bigger picture…as well as these upcoming details.…Much of the time the focus is on…the next priorities for the upcoming sprint…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Rallying your team around the product vision
- Creating an agile product roadmap
- Creating a release plan focused on value
- Breaking down features
- Setting up, creating, and analyzing user story maps
- Collaborating on the big picture
- Leveraging user stories
- Prioritizing the product backlog
- Working with your team
- Defining what "ready" and "done" mean
- Avoiding technical debt
- Guiding your team through estimating exercises
- Making sprint planning and standup meetings beneficial