In this video, Angela shares how agile product owners run a product backlog refinement meeting. Learn which team players should be involved at these meetings to ensure the team is prepared for sprint planning commitments.
- Back refinement is an ongoing and critical task…for product owners.…It's an essential input to so many parts…of keeping the team running…at a good cadence.…Let's look in more detail…at how to run a backlog refinement meeting.…- [Instructor] Product backlog refinement meetings…happen every week or two…and ensure the team is prepared…for sprint planning commitments…and planning the detailed tasks…for the sprint.…The product owner and technical team…or at least one developer and tester…are recommended to be there…and other team members as needed.…
Product owners prepare for a backlog meeting…by making sure the funnel shape backlog…is prioritized and analyzed.…They also prepare the upcoming items…with drafted acceptance criteria.…- The backlog refinement meeting…looks at the short, mid, and long term views of the product.…And ensures the team understands the short, mid,…and long term view with alignment to the bigger picture…as well as these upcoming details.…Much of the time the focus is on…the next priorities for the upcoming sprint…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.