In this video, learn how an agile product owner can have a hands-on approach to prioritizing the backlog. The importance of the funnel-shaped backlog is reviewed as an effective and efficient way to order the most valuable features. Also learn how to spli
- The product owner has a critical role…in prioritizing the backlog.…It's about taking all of the features…and items submitted and under consideration,…and finding their place in the backlog.…When using a funnel-shaped backlog,…this is a much easier task than a stacked backlog.…With a funnel-shaped backlog,…we use the product vision, road map,…and release plan as inputs,…and then we are able to take any item…and find its place according to where it fits in.…
Using this approach helps us focus…on value over things that can get in the way,…like the loudest stakeholder,…and organizational politics, or first in first out,…as well as our own projections of what matters.…It's not technical preferences, efficiencies,…costs, or difficulty, but rather,…what items will provide value and are aligned…to the bigger goals?…Typically as a team starts off,…the product owner's priorities…are in chunks, far too big for the team to work on.…
This results in features that cannot be…completed within a sprint.…The team works together to split items up…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.