Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Print projects, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Printing OmniPlan projects is not difficult.…There are some useful choices…that are good to know about however.…You can start this process…from any OmniPlan document,…but I've got the one we've been looking at.…It will be slightly different if you've…got much larger documents,…they'll be some more choices.…Or not more choices,…but just more permutations of what you can do.…This starts very simply under File, Print.…You also have a Page Setup dialog,…but that's pretty much exactly the same…as you would see in any piece of Mac software.…
So, we'll focus on the print dialog.…Here we have our normal print dialog,…and in this case it's just going to literally…output our entire project at 28 pages.…Many of which are going…to be blank squares on the Gantt…So, that's not going to be super useful,…but if we show details we do have…some really useful choices.…This is somewhat familiar,…but it has some custom choices…so we want to look at that.…This menu is really going to be important.…
In particularly in the content choice here…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.