Join Daniel Stanton for an in-depth discussion in this video Prerequisites, part of Project Management Foundations: Leading Projects.
- There are no prerequisites for this course about project leadership. And don't worry, you don't need to have experience with one piece of software or another. This course is designed with project managers in mind. But it will also be useful for project sponsors and for team members who are all leaders in some way and who all play a role in leading projects. The first time you take this course I recommend you watch all of the videos to learn the best practices and see the process flow that occurs when leading projects.
That way you'll know where to look for the tools and the ideas any time you need them. If you really just want a quick introduction to project leadership, you can also watch the first video in each chapter to get a sense for the key principles. Then you can do a deeper dive into the appropriate sections when you need some new tools for your project leadership toolkit. Some of the videos talk about the basics of project management. Other videos pull in tools and techniques from Six Sigma, Lean, and Change Management.
But all of the videos are designed to help leaders like you understand what to expect from their teams and how to get there.
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.