In LeSS, sprint planning is organized differently compared with other enterprise frameworks. Doug Rose explains how the LeSS framework has two sprint planning meetings. He talks about the goals for each, and provides some tips from the product owner's perspective.
- In regular Scrum, you start each Sprint with one meeting…to plan out what the team will deliver.…The LeSS framework has two Sprint planning meetings.…These meetings are helpfully named…Sprint Planning 1 and Sprint Planning 2.…In regular Scrum, you'll spend the first half…of your Sprint planning meeting hammering out…what your team will deliver.…The second half of the meeting, the team will figure out…how your team will deliver.…LeSS splits the two parts…into two separate planning meetings.…
If you're using the graphics from the LeSS website,…then you might want to print out the PDF…of the graphic called Sprint Planning.…Remember that LeSS has one product owner…who works with several different teams.…There's one product owner that's responsible…for the entire Sprint.…That means that there's one shared product backlog.…This backlog is a ranked list of all the items…that could be included in your product.…So in LeSS, the product owner has…the Sprint Planning 1 meeting where all the teams…get together to plan out the work.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Descaling enterprise agile
- Defining Larman's Laws and LeSS principles
- LeSS product owner and scrum master
- Growing Scrum
- Defining "done"
- Organizing a sprint review
- Organizing an overall retrospective
- Approaching key challenges