In this video, Angela shares how an agile product owner can lead a team to focus energy toward the values of the most important personas. A persona template is used to help separate and identify the various personas.
- A persona is a way to represent a user role…by characterizing them as a specific person…that we can empathize with.…Personas help teams focus and discuss how various user goals…look different when using the insight from each persona's…point of view.…Personas build empathy and help the team focus…on a few typical archetypes of users,…rather than trying to please thousands.…They also help build shared understanding…and drive decisions.…
Using personas keeps us from projecting…our own personal values into the product or system as well.…When creating personas for your product,…it's best to research and observe your typical users.…Then, look for user themes and create personas as a team.…I've provided a persona template to get you and the team…started on this process.…It provides details on what exactly goes in…to a persona description.…Next, choose the primary persona.…
The primary persona is whose needs and goals…can be satisfied by the product.…They align to the product vision, roadmap,…and fit into the primary user group…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.