Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing quality assurance, part of Project Management Foundations: Quality.
- "How do I look" can be a dreadful…and scary question to hear.…Should I be honest?…Or should I say something encouraging?…It can vary, based on the questioner…and your relationship with them.…However, we often ask that question of ourselves,…like when we look in the mirror before heading to work…or to a significant dinner engagement.…Such a simple question, but a very significant one.…Performing quality assurance on your project…is a lot like asking, "How do I look?"…Except in this case, you are…examining the processes you are using…to manage and control your project,…and you are evaluating the deliverables…as you produce them during your project.…
If you plan correctly…and put yourself in the right frame of mind,…the "How do I look?" question in the project context…can be a bit less scary.…Let me show you how.…First, plan your quality assurance reviews.…These should be specific tasks…in your work breakdown structure…and should be tied to specific risks…identified in your risk management plan.…Taking a step back, away from the day-to-day pressures…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is project quality?
- Using Pareto analysis and Lean Six Sigma
- Balancing quality, project workload, and customer needs
- Addressing quality issues
- Planning IT tests
- Testing deliverables<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.