As an agile product owner, you are an integral part of the team and the team’s collaboration activities and meetings. In this video, Angela shares the importance of the product owner role in team ceremonies and how it enhances collaboration among team me
- [Instructor] The product owner role is key…to keeping the team on track.…And this means being an active and regular participant…in the cadence of agile meetings…or ceremonies as some teams call them.…Depending on what flavor of agile your team is using,…your team's ceremonies and what they're called may differ.…What matters is that these meetings keep…the team accountable and productive.…Whether it's your team's daily standup,…sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews,…retrospectives or other critical gatherings.…
When teams skip these meetings or let them get off track,…in favor of getting real work done, teams find themselves…building products faster that might not matter to users.…They create a lot of technical debt and their productivity…slows down, because team members are not aligned…and headed in the same direction.…When these meetings are managed and facilitated…with the right people present, they truly bring…speed and value to the team's results.…
One common misconception, is that team members…think these meetings are the only time…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.