Learn about the numerous departments within program management that supports governance processes.
- Who do you call when you need help as a program manager?…The primary source of support will be found…within the program management office, or PMO.…This department might be part…of where the portfolio is managed…and will have established a standard…of how a program should be run.…What else do we find within a program management office?…Any templates used by the programs…or project components will be produced and managed there.…What about documentation…about previous programs and projects?…The PMO should manage this information…as part of its duties, too.…
I worked as a program manager…where our PMO was communications central.…For me, the PMO was a source of information…for status of current programs, information…on previous programs, and any additional resources…that I might have needed.…So, if you have a PMO at your organization,…be sure to leverage that resource.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.