Learn definitions for the organizational vision, mission, strategy, and objectives, and which roles program management plays in fulfilling these requirements.
- What do you do to make sure your program…stays in line with the organizational strategy?…We'll look at the four components that help…the program manager to make sure she stays…in alignment with those ever-changing company wishes.…Let's get started.…Our first up is the program business case.…This is the justification of why we're…conducting the program to begin with.…The document will describe what benefits…the organization expects, and should be authored…by the program sponsor.…
We use our business case to put together a program plan,…or how we plan to deliver the benefits…that the organization expects from our program.…The program roadmap is the tool we use…to show when we will be delivering the benefits…to the organization.…Take a look at the graphic on your screen.…This is an example of a program roadmap.…We make it visual so that our stakeholders…can relate to what we're telling them,…and we describe what our milestones are in the program.…
A milestone is a significant stage in our program,…very often tied to a phase, and hopefully,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality