Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizational change, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- So now that you've seen the four types…of organizational culture,…you should start to think about how to make…an enterprise level change.…This is typically called organizational change management.…A lot of organizational change management…is difficult to implement and doesn't apply…to the four types of organizational cultures.…Some of the oldest and most helpful types…of organizational change management…are broken down into two groups.…The first group is the type of organizational change…that's driven by a manager with a lot of authority.…
The second group is the type of organizational change…that's driven by mid-level managers…or even outside consultants.…Most large organizations may find that they…don't have a change leader who has both the authority…and the time to see through major changes.…If your organization has a manager…with both time and authority,…then you might want to try something called…the John Kotter approach that we'll discuss later on.…If you're a mid-level manager…and need to work with various groups,…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize what must be in place before implementing a framework.
- Identify a simple strategy for implementing organizational change.
- Name the culture type that pushes for certainty and depends upon hierarchy.
- Recall what occurs in a competence culture.
- Explain organizational culture and describe how it relates to an agile transformation.
- Define the fearless change approach.
- List the eight steps in Kotter’s 8-Step approach.