Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Options for OmniPlan views, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- OmniPlan has several unique views…which are different ways to look…at the project you're managing.…Because we're getting used to the interface,…I want to take the time now to look…at each one of these views,…and talk about its strengths and weaknesses.…Remember that when you're really managing a project,…you move back and forth between different views…and each one informs the other.…For now, let's take a look at what each one does.…Right now, we're in the tasks view…which is probably where you'll spend most of your time.…
In tasks view, all of your tasks are lined up…in an outline to the left and then you see…the Gantt or waterfall chart to the right.…Tasks view is a great way to manipulate your tasks,…move them, change their names, you can even style them…and change the resources that go with them.…It's probably the overall most used view.…We'll move then to resources view…which actually has the same or similar information…just from the point of view of resources.…
We'll talk a lot more about resources,…but generally, they're both team members,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.