Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Lean Foundations.
- Congratulations on completing your course…on the foundations of Lean.…My hope is that this course has been a very good start…to your understanding of Lean…and all the advantages it offers.…It doesn't matter if you're a manufacturer…or a service provider.…Lean drives a culture of continuous improvement.…Lean tools help to streamline your processes…and reduce your cost, common goals…of every successful organization.…If you're interested in gaining…even more knowledge about Lean principles and practices,…here are a few suggestions for you.…
First and foremost, visit the Lean Enterprise Institute.…They focus totally on applying Lean principles…for company success.…Their goal is to make things better,…through Lean thinking and practice.…You can find them at lean.org.…Another great website to visit is bptrends.com.…They are experts in business process improvement.…This is a great place to discover…current practices and techniques.…I also recommend anything published by Matthew E. May,…a consultant to the Toyota University…
Lean concepts have been successfully applied to every aspect of doing business. In this course, learn the principles of lean and how they are used in processes, production, and services. Instructor Steven Brown also explains how lean thinking impacts the organization, from the overall business culture to day-to-day work activities.
- Cite the focus of a lean strategy.
- Explain what a “rule of complexity” is.
- Name the three key measures of inventory.
- List the 5S tools.
- Define a lean transportation system.
- Describe the characteristics of a lean purchasing organization.
- Identify the characteristics of a lean company.
Skill Level Beginner
Enterprise Agile: Disciplined Agile (DA) versus Spotifywith Doug Rose1h 11m Intermediate
1. Lean Defined
2. Lean Processes
3. Lean Manufacturing
4. Lean Services
5. Lean Thinking
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.