Managing cross-functional projects involves understanding the project phases and the project management tools. Learning to use project management tools can reduce the risk of project failure, and increase the value that project delivers. Project gaps and issues can be diagnosed using the techniques in this online course.
- The DIRECT Project Leadership Framework…is a tool to help you be a better project leader.…In this video, we'll take one last look…at the DIRECT approach…and give you some tips for using it in your projects.…Remembering the six pillars of the DIRECT Framework…makes it easy to give your team…the leadership they need…throughout the entire life cycle of a project.…Your job is to help them define the vision,…investigate the options, resolve to a course of action,…execute the plan, change over to the new system,…and manage the transition.…
The DIRECT acronym makes it easy to remember the pillars,…but it also reinforces the role of the project leader.…The project leader is really the director of the project.…In a perfect world,…project leaders would always have the luxury…to learn the DIRECT approach up front…and use it consistently through their project.…But if you're already working on a project,…you can start to apply the principles…and the tools from the DIRECT method today.…If a project is struggling,…you can use the DIRECT method to diagnose…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.