Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Network view, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Network view is one of the new editions…to OmniPlan version 3,…and to get a good idea of what it does,…it's going to make sense to jump there right now.…So from Task view, which we're looking at,…go ahead and click the second to the last button…up in our View section for Network,…and there you see our Network view.…I'm going to scroll back to the beginning,…and I think I'm actually going to make this…a little bit smaller, just down here on the bottom right.…So I'm just going to shrink down,…so we can see a little more of the Network view.…
You can see it getting smaller.…And we can also scroll both horizontally and vertically.…I'm going to actually make it very small…to see everything for a second, and then we'll zoom back in,…because it's going to be hard to read.…So here we start to see our entire project in Network view,…and you can see that it is exactly a depiction…of the project that we've been looking at in Task view,…only now shown as a network.…And again, zoomed out, we can see everything,…and zoom in a little bit here to look at the detail.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley OConnell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.