Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Multi-project dashboard, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- A new Pro feature in OmniPlan 3…is called the Multi-Project Dashboard.…What the dashboard allows you to do…is actually compare multiple projects to each other.…It's not nearly as detailed as what you see…in the OmniPlan project itself…but it is pretty useful to stack multiple projects…next to each other to see how they're comparing.…So I'm already here in OmniPlan…and it's actually somewhat irrelevant…that I have a project open.…This is just going to wind up being the background here.…
What I am going to do is under File…I want to create a New Dashboard.…So dashboards are actually a new file type.…So when I do this I'm creating,…not only a new OmniPlan document,…but one called a Dashboard,…which is different than an OmniPlan.…And as you can see, I can add projects…to the dashboard by dragging.…There's also this little plus arrow,…and just to keep us from getting too many windows…on top of each other, I'm going to add using the plus arrow.…
And if I navigate to my Exercise Files,…I want to compare the Chapter Nine project file…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.