Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Monte Carlo simulations, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Monte Carlo simulations are…a pro feature in OmniPlan,…and the idea here is like going to the casino.…Let's roll the dice.…Let's do some analysis that gives us some idea…of how likely it is that our project will finish on time.…So, a Monte Carlo simulation is going to play it out.…It's going to sort of run our project for us…with a randomize factor with a dice roll…to try to give us the idea of not just a,…at this moment on track to finish on time,…but what are the variables and how do they affect…the likelihood that we will in fact finish on time.…
Let's take a look at this and certainly it's one…of those where you're going to want to play with it…with your own projects to get an idea of how helpful…it really is for you, and how to really use it.…Here's the icon on the toolbar…for Run Monte Carlo Simulations.…There's also a choice in the menu.…We'll just go ahead and use the toolbar for now.…We've got two choices here within this issue…of Auto-Estimate Effort.…So, one is how much variation are we going…to allow, that is our maximum and minimum.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Intermediate
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.