This video explains the business benefits register and how you can use it to monitor the progress achieved for a given business benefit.
- I have a dog named Baxter.…And like most dogs, he's become a member of the family.…In fact, he's almost like my fourth child.…How I have cared for him has changed…as he has progressed through his life stages.…For example, I fed him small meals…more frequently as a puppy.…When he became an adult,…I fed less frequently with larger servings.…As he has moved into older age,…I've adjusted his diet to meet his changing needs.…Just like precious pets,…business benefits quickly progress…through a lifecycle as well,…and they need to be cared for diligently…during the various stages of the lifecycle.…
Let's examine the stages…of the business benefits lifecycle…and how you should monitor business benefits…in each of these stages.…The first stage is business benefit definition and analysis.…Just like determining if one particular dog is right…for your family, during this stage, you define the benefit…and confirm the benefit is built with proper consideration…for all areas of your business.…Note that some benefits may be great…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the purpose of portfolio management.
- Determine the point when benefits are fully realized.
- Recall the four pillars of business benefit realization.
- Summarize the information provided by the performance register.
- Explain the steps taken to create a benefits realization plan.
- Identify the four fundamental components of governance.