Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage templates, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- We've seen how templates can really aid…in starting new projects in a place…that's convenient for us.…Now, I just want to look at how you manage…the templates that you create.…We've created one template in a different movie,…and you may have more of your own,…and so what you probably already know,…is that you have the choice under File, New From Template,…and you'll see not only the Built in Plans,…but also this is the one that we created together,…and if you've made more,…they'll all be listed here.…But what I want to point out…is actually in the OmniPlan Preferences.…
So, in a different movie,…we're going to go through all of the Preferences,…but for right now, I want to jump right to Templates.…As you can see, Templates is the Preferences pane…that allows you to manage all of the Templates,…and we have all of our Templates listed on the left,…some things to notice are that the Default template,…or the Empty Plan, is bold and marked Default,…and then on the right side,…you see a summary of all of the critical information…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.