Project plans should include activities grouped into deliverables. Learning how to use a work breakdown structure, WBS, a Gantt chart, a network diagram, and the critical path are important techniques for leading cross functional projects. Organizing project work is a key competency for the project leader.
- As you resolve to your course of action,…they're some great tools…that can help you manage your project plan…and these tools are built…right into all of the popular…project management software packages.…In this movie, we'll learn…how to use three of the most common tools:…the work breakdown structure,…the Gantt chart and the network diagram.…First, there's the work breakdown structure.…A work breakdown structure or WBS…provides an easy way to see step by step…all of the work that needs…to be done for a project.…
A WBS is a numbered list…of your activities and deliverables.…You'll usually see it organized…as a vertical list like an outline,…but you might also see it laid out…as a diagram that resembles an organizational chart.…While the WBS shows a logical structure for the work,…it's not very helpful…in showing which activities are occurring…at a particular time.…You can show this with a horizontal time chart…called a Gantt chart.…
The Gantt chart is just a vertical WBS…with a horizontal timeline next to it.…Each activity and deliverable is represented by a bar…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.