Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Level resources, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Leveling tasks in OmniPlan is a process by which…the software takes the information that you've given it…based on resources, tasks and dependencies,…looks at your entire schedule plan…and then evens things out so that you have…the most efficient schedule.…It will eliminate redundancies…and place things in the schedule…based on your information…in their most efficient configuration.…
Let's see how this works,…and I want you to pay careful attention…just to the top section here.…When I do level the resources,…everything is going to be checked,…but I've purposely set things up…in the design section so that we can…work on some specific changes.…So, we level resources up in the Project menu,…and then we're going to Level Resources…and I'm going to come back and talk about…automatically leveling resources as well.…
So we can use the menu, or the keyboard shortcut…to level resources, and then we get…a fairly straightforward dialog about this,…and it's all going to make more sense…once you see the leveling actually happen.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.