Lean employees adopt a quality mindset and apply Lean practices in every aspect of their job. In this video, Steven explains three instruments that characterize a Lean workforce.
- Lean is everyone's responsibility.…Lean thinking becomes a frame of mind…that impacts every action and every decision…made by everyone in the company.…That's the destination for every lean company,…achieving a lean workforce.…But getting there is not easy.…It requires support from the top…and extensive training at all levels…throughout the organization.…And equally important,…it requires screening potential employees…for what might be called a lean attitude.…
So that as a company, you achieve a lean mentality.…And that's first on my list of three instruments…of a lean workforce.…Lean employees have a continuous-improvement mindset.…No matter how good the process,…it can always be made better.…Problems can not only be solved, they can be prevented.…Today, you find this continuous-improvement attitude…in such companies as Amazon, UPS, and, of course, Toyota.…The second instrument on my list…is the use of cross-functional teams.…
These improvement teams are made up of employees…from all related work areas and jobs.…
Lean concepts have been successfully applied to every aspect of doing business. In this course, learn the principles of lean and how they are used in processes, production, and services. Instructor Steven Brown also explains how lean thinking impacts the organization, from the overall business culture to day-to-day work activities.
- Cite the focus of a lean strategy.
- Explain what a “rule of complexity” is.
- Name the three key measures of inventory.
- List the 5S tools.
- Define a lean transportation system.
- Describe the characteristics of a lean purchasing organization.
- Identify the characteristics of a lean company.
Skill Level Beginner
Enterprise Agile: Disciplined Agile (DA) versus Spotifywith Doug Rose1h 11m Intermediate
1. Lean Defined
2. Lean Processes
3. Lean Manufacturing
4. Lean Services
5. Lean Thinking
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.