Lean delivery means having the right product in the right place at the right time, and doing this at the lowest cost. In this video, Steven discusses the expectations of your B2B and B2C customers and how new technology is changing Lean delivery.
- BB King, the famous blues man, once said,…"You should never make your move too soon."…Now I know he was not talking about lean delivery,…but his advice definitely applies…to running a lean business.…And one of the keys to success in lean delivery…lies in the embracing of a just-in-time philosophy,…because when your customer wants your product,…they want it now.…They don't want it late because this interrupts…their business schedules and plans,…and they don't want it early because they don't want to…pay the cost of holding your product in inventory.…
They want fast, reliable, delivery…as soon as the order is placed.…And your job is to meet your customer's need,…but of course you must also consider…the cost of meeting that need.…That's how I define lean delivery.…Finding the correct balance between on-time delivery…and the cost of providing that on-time delivery.…In short, you're looking to send the perfect order.…The right product, in the right place, at the right time,…and of course at the right cost.…
In managing lean delivery, you're operating in…
Lean concepts have been successfully applied to every aspect of doing business. In this course, learn the principles of lean and how they are used in processes, production, and services. Instructor Steven Brown also explains how lean thinking impacts the organization, from the overall business culture to day-to-day work activities.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Cite the focus of a lean strategy.
- Explain what a “rule of complexity” is.
- Name the three key measures of inventory.
- List the 5S tools.
- Define a lean transportation system.
- Describe the characteristics of a lean purchasing organization.
- Identify the characteristics of a lean company.