- Describe what takt time is and why it’s used.
- Explain how using standardized parts reduces costs.
- Summarize the importance of quality at the source.
- Cite who should manage lean inventory.
- Describe how to create a lean culture in your business.
Skill Level Beginner
- Managing your inventory can be a competitive weapon for your company. If you don't get inventory control right, your company could ultimately go out of business. Inventory management is that important and that's what this course is all about. Welcome to Inventory Management Foundations. I'm Steven Brown, and I've been practicing the methods and techniques of inventory management for over 30 years. In this course, you'll learn the different types and costs of inventory and how to manage them. You will understand how your company's software systems create, drive, coordinate, and define your inventory levels.
And you'll learn tools and methods to help you analyze and control that inventory throughout the organization. All of this will help you to better manage your inventory, one of the most important aspects of a successful business. Interested? Then let's begin! I'm ready when you are.