Join Oliver Yarbrough for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to the CAPM® exam, part of Exam Tips: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®.
- Although the CAPM exam isn't the hardest exam, you still need to know what you're walking into so you'll be fully prepared. The exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions. Each question has four potential answers and you will have three hours to complete the exam. The questions are pulled from the five process groups and 10 knowledge areas and 49 project management processes. Keep in mind, you not only need to know what these are, but more importantly, you need to understand how they interrelate with each other.
This is key but don't worry, this course has you covered. It will also be helpful to familiarize yourself with the PMBOK because all of those things, the process groups, knowledge areas, and processes are discussed in the PMBOK. It will be the primary guide as you prepare for the exam. You're now required to join PMI in order to sit for the CAPM exam. But there are a number of benefits to joining, including a complimentary electronic copy of the PMBOK. Take a look at their website for all the details.
You're on the path to success. Start slow and pick up the pace as you gain confidence.
- What to expect on exam day
- Reviewing the fundamental aspects of project management
- Key success factors
- Navigating the CAPM® exam
- Managing your time on the exam
- Reviewing practice questions
- Establishing a solid study routine
- Reading for understanding