You are a leader as a BA. Learn how influence skills can enhance your results as a BA.
- [Woman] Great BA's are leaders.…And leaders know how to influence.…You may not have thought of the BA role as a leader…but many do and many leaders are expecting BA's…to rise to the occasion and be leaders.…Business Analysts typically don't have the type of…power positions to influence with authority…and so they need to rely on influencing without authority.…And there are so many ways to influence without authority…and so many situations where it's needed.…
Some situations as a Business Analyst when…influence is needed are times like…influencing stakeholders to expand their solutions ideas…beyond the first idea they have.…And helping key stakeholders make decisions by having…options and alternatives matching their needs…and ready for them.…Or perhaps, getting others to do things as action items…when you don't have any authority over their priorities.…Some ways to influence without authority…as a Business Analyst are…First, understand why many resist change and…when people are receptive.…
This requires us to be in tune with the…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the elements of co-creating.
- Explore the fundamentals of influencing without authority.
- Determine the essentials for facilitating a meeting.
- Break down the important verbal skills necessary to be a stellar business analyst.
- Define business acumen.
- Examine the important elements of innovative business skills.
- Recognize the impact of systems thinking in regard to analytical skills.
- Define data analysis.