Learn about various program management governance roles and how they govern.
- It's one thing to know what a program…governance board is, but who's actually involved?…The first position we will look at…is that of a program sponsor who is,…in fact, the main person who is accountable for the program.…Why?…The program sponsor has mostly likely…put together the justification for the program,…the form of a program business case,…and has the final word on the program.…For example, let's assume a change…to the program's scope needs to be made,…so the program manager puts together the change request…and presents the request to the program governance board.…
In case the board does not come to an agreement,…whether to approve the change request or not,…it is the program sponsor's view that has the most weight.…The rest of the board is made up…of other key stakeholders, and this will be dependent upon…the organization, the type of program,…is the program internal or external facing,…those types of conditions.…For example, a program is created to install…a new internal system in sales, marketing,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality