Learn about various program management governance roles and how they govern.
- It's one thing to know what a program…governance board is, but who's actually involved?…The first position we will look at…is that of a program sponsor who is,…in fact, the main person who is accountable for the program.…Why?…The program sponsor has mostly likely…put together the justification for the program,…the form of a program business case,…and has the final word on the program.…For example, let's assume a change…to the program's scope needs to be made,…so the program manager puts together the change request…and presents the request to the program governance board.…
In case the board does not come to an agreement,…whether to approve the change request or not,…it is the program sponsor's view that has the most weight.…The rest of the board is made up…of other key stakeholders, and this will be dependent upon…the organization, the type of program,…is the program internal or external facing,…those types of conditions.…For example, a program is created to install…a new internal system in sales, marketing,…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.