Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying your culture, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- Now that you've seen these…four different types of cultures,…you need to figure out which one matches your organization.…You probably won't be able to match your culture…one-to-one with any single type.…Instead think of it as having a central or dominant type…with one or more others.…There are a lot of different cultures out there,…and yours will probably be a mix of at least one or two.…Think of it this way.…You can create many different flavors…if you have four or five spices,…but one taste will stand out as the single one…that best defines your dish.…
Maybe it's peppery, salty, or sweet.…The same is true with organizational cultures.…You're trying to find the one type…that best defines your organization.…Each organizational culture…will have its own set of strategies…and challenges when starting Enterprise Agile.…The better you are at identifying your culture,…the easier it will be to make big changes.…Remember that a collaboration culture or cultivation culture…has an easier time embracing changes.…These cultures also have a tendency…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize what must be in place before implementing a framework.
- Identify a simple strategy for implementing organizational change.
- Name the culture type that pushes for certainty and depends upon hierarchy.
- Recall what occurs in a competence culture.
- Explain organizational culture and describe how it relates to an agile transformation.
- Define the fearless change approach.
- List the eight steps in Kotter’s 8-Step approach.