Project issues should be identified and escalated efficiently. Project leaders need to create an environment where the project team feels safe sharing issues, and everyone feels accountable for raising the issues that they find. Issue escalation ensures that issues are resolved before they become more severe.
- Every project runs into surprises…and figuring out in advance how these should be handled…is a part of resolving to a course of action.…In this video, we'll focus on why it's important…to have a process…to identify, escalate and resolve issues.…Here's an example of the kind of issues…that can come up during a project…and why it's so important to have a process…for escalating them.…During a project that H+ Sport ran a few years ago,…one of their deliverables was to purchase…and install an industrial crane.…
The crane was a big piece of equipment…and it had a long lead time.…They were tracking all of the tasks…in the project plan very closely…to make sure that nothing slipped…but the status of the crane got special attention…because it was on the critical path.…The crane was installed exactly on time.…Everything seemed to be going like clock work…but then the crane operator realized…he couldn't lift anything with the crane…because they were missing a small but necessary attachment.…
Whoops.…Their team had done a pretty good job of planning…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.