What does the ideal partnership between a project manager and business analyst look like? This video explores the ideal partnership and will help you determine what the right partnership is for you.
- So what does the ideal partnership…for a project manager and BA look like?…Well, I've been on a lot of projects…as a BA with great PM relationships.…Here's what it looked and felt like.…I typically touch base with the PM…first thing in the morning to see what's on her mind…as priorities for the day.…We discuss the meetings we have scheduled,…who the stakeholders are in those meetings…and the meetings goals,…and we make decisions on adjusting any meetings…to make the stakeholder interactions positive.…
We also discuss the previous day's stakeholder…interactions and other updates…from the last day or so.…Throughout the day we run into each other a few times…and see how we can support one another…with key messages to others…and being consistent in our actions and priorities.…It's also quite common for me as the BA…to have dialogue with stakeholders…that could introduce scope creep.…Scope creep is when items get added…to the scope without the right governance…around making sure that it's truly…the right scope to add.…
- Identify why collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager is key.
- Examine the fundamentals of an ideal partnership between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Explore the importance of collaboration on scoping between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Determine the essentials for collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager during the development and testing phase.
- Break down the ways to make communication between the business analyst and the project manager successful.
- Discover the areas of risk the business analyst and the project manager should collaborate on.
- Identify the fundamentals for collaboration between the project manager and the business analyst on scope management and change.