Learn about the goals of human resources and how they are achieved.
- One of my favorite leaders, Jack Welch,…likes to say, "The team with the best players, wins."…Any organization is really just a group of people,…who choose to work together.…Those people, are probably,…the most valuable resource that a company has.…In this lesson, we'll look at the processes involved in…managing Human Resources, and why they are so important…for Project Managers to understand.…When you stop to think about it,…HR may have the broadest responsibilities…of any group in the company.…
They're responsible for finding people, hiring them,…getting them paid, dealing with issues from family…vacations to family crises,…keeping people engaged with the company,…and when the time comes,…helping people to separate and move on.…That's a huge, and a complex, set of responsibilities.…And without it, the entire organization would…quickly grind to a halt.…Let's start with recruiting.…The Human Resources team is responsible for finding…candidates who are qualified to fill roles with the company.…
When there's an opening,…
Instructor Daniel Stanton begins the course by reviewing the key skills highlighted in the Project Management Institute (PMI) Talent Triangle, and explaining how strategy and business management fit into your professional development. Next, he explains how to align your project with the priorities of your organization, and effectively communicate the goals, benefits, and risks of your project to your stakeholders. Then, he walks through the different business functions in an organization, including marketing and sales, supply chain management, human resources, and information technology. To wrap up, Daniel explains how to leverage your business acumen to collaborate effectively with individuals throughout your organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- How stakeholders view your projects
- Defining the goals and benefits of a project
- Identifying and describing the risks associated with a project
- How sustainability can impact a project
- Process improvement methods
- Goals of marketing and sales
- Goals of human resources
- The importance of projects for supply chain management
- Key financial and accounting documents