Brainstorming is a tool that helps to encourage creativity in your team. When managing projects a leader may need to stimulate creativity to identify alternative approaches and possible solutions, before focusing energy on a small number of high potential ideas. Brainstorming can help to generate new insights and innovative ideas.
- When you're defining the scope of a project…and the possible solutions,…you need to be creative.…Like Einstein once said, "We cannot solve our problems…"with the same thinking we used…"when we created them."…Creativity has business value.…Sometimes, teams get stuck.…Other times, they can get excited…and get busy working on one solution,…only to find out later…that there was a much better way…to accomplish the same thing.…A good project leader can save their sponsor…a lot of time, money, and effort…by helping their teams be creative from the very start.…
Brainstorming is a simple exercise…that makes it almost easy…for even the most rigid team…to experience the power of creative thinking.…Brainstorming is such a powerful tool…because it taps into the knowledge and experience…of the entire team,…and as one of my friends says all the time,…"None of us is as smart as all of us."…But to get the full value out of brainstorming,…you need to get everyone fully engaged.…
And there are some specific things…that you should and shouldn't do…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.