Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the Inspectors, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- We're still here in the OmniPlan interface…with that first exercise file.…And we're going through the different important parts…of the interface and I want to hit the inspector's panel…which has a lot of power in it.…So you see the little eye button right here.…That's how we just show or hide the inspectors.…So, we'll click that…and you see that the whole right side of the screen…comes over to this inspector panel.…And across the top, these are the different inspectors.…
So I'm going to quickly go through…and just name them all for you while I click on them.…So the inspectors are the Project inspector,…the Milestones inspector, the Tasks inspector,…Resources inspector, the Styles inspector,…Custom Data inspector, and the Attachments inspector.…Now, each of these has a specific job…as you would expect.…The Project inspector has information…that goes toward the entire project…such as a Title, a Start, an End date,…the type of scheduling it does,…the Formats that it uses to do the management,…things like the different units that are used,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.