This video shows examples of flowchart diagrams and describes a step-by-step process to create the diagram.
- I've referred to the flowchart diagrams,…or process maps, as stepping stones.…To get across the river, without getting wet,…it's always a good idea to step onto the stones…closest to the bank, and, then,…navigate your way, step by step.…So, too, with the steps to creating a flowchart diagram.…Let's go through the best order, to help you…create an accurate, and effective diagram.…Before you put pen to paper, or the whiteboard,…it's important that you understand…that flowchart process maps should always trace back,…to their parent, cross-functional flow diagram.…
Keeping this connection in mind,…will help you think about what you should,…and shouldn't include, on your flowchart diagram.…Remembering back to our lessons on cross-functional…flow diagrams, there are times where it's…not practical to include lengthy, step by step…workflow details, and the number of steps…begin to overwhelm the diagram.…I recommend you group these workflows together,…in what we called pre-defined, or sub-processes.…It is these sub-processes that are expanded further,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Using common modeling tools
- Determining when to use a particular modeling diagram
- Avoiding the pitfalls associated with each diagram
- Creating diagrams
- Leveraging key stakeholders