Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Group tasks, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Tasks as well as resources can be placed…in groups in OmniPlan,…and this is useful for similar reasons…that you might place anything in a group.…It's organizational and they go together.…I want to show you how this works,…but also mention that there may be some redundancy…in grouping tasks versus creating milestones.…So tasks accumulate to achieve milestones,…but tasks are also grouped because they are alike.…
So there is some similarity there,…and it will be up to you how you choose to use groups…as opposed to milestones for your project.…I will say that in my experience almost every project…benefits from milestones,…which are a standard part of the Gantt procedure,…whereas groups are useful,…depending on your particular project…and how you choose to conceptualize it.…So it's not very difficult to make a group,…you just pick some things that go together…and need to be grouped.…
In this case I've got, right here in the outline,…the server set-up, the database install,…the Wordpress install, and the template development.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.