Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Group resources, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Like tasks OmniPlan…also allows you to group resources.…So I want to show you how that's done.…If you're not already in resources view,…go ahead and switch over to there.…And then here in resources view,…it's very easy to put different groups…of people into groups which resemble teams…or other organizational groupings…that can help you basically just manage…and look at your project in OmniPlan.…So some obvious choices would be to group together people…who have similar roles or work…on similar types or parts of the project.…
So for instance, although they're separate on this list,…I can select the creative director…and then if I hold Command to also select the designer,…those are our two main people…that I would call part of the design group.…And then under structure I can simply select group,…and now there's a group.…And you can see that it has a twirl down…has a different icon under type…and then you don't want to call them group one.…You want to call it something information like Design Group.…
We can also do our Tech Group,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.