Managing the project startup or changeover is a critical step for ensuring project success. Learning to plan for implementing project deliverables is key to successful project leadership. Startup plans resemble small project plans and the process of developing the plan is similar to the project planning process.
- The final stage of a project,…when you're actually making the change…from one system to another, is a time when a lot…of moving pieces need to be synchronized.…Because so many things need to come together so quickly…during the go-live portion of a project,…you should consider having a separate project plan.…In this video, we'll see why it's important to have…an effective plan for a project, go-live or startup.…Trying to build all of the details for a go-live…into the main project plan can bog down the process.…
So it makes sense to create a separate plan that only…covers the activities and deliverables for the go-live.…And some project management software will allow you…to link a separate file of activities in the go-live plan…to the activities in the main project plan.…We can see why separating the go-live details…into a separate plan would be useful…by looking at H+ Sport.…Starting up their new distribution center took months.…The project plan included 5,000 separate activities,…and there were a huge number of things…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.