Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Gantt chart planning and visualization, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- At this point in an OmniPlan project,…We've basically fleshed out most…of the details of our planned project,…and it's good to take a moment…to review based on the Gantt chart.…So here we are, it's pretty much where we've left off,…and we are in task view.…And during this movie,…I don't really want to change or do anything.…We might make some small adjustments…just to see how they look.…I actually just want to review what's here…and how we interpret it.…
So looking at the Gantt chart, I can see at this point…three main phases of work.…The top section is for the design,…the middle section is sort of the server tech and setup,…and then the bottom section is content,…and then finally, they cumulatively come together…at the end for the testing and launch.…So just by looking at my Gantt chart,…I see that there are these three phases,…but they are concurrent;…that is, there's nothing dependent in the design phase…of the technology phase, for instance.…
They all become dependent to test and launch at the end,…but a different type of project might be much more linear…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.