Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Focusing on culture, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- So now you've seen how culture is one…of the key components…when you're starting your agile transformation.…You saw how changing that culture is an enormous challenge.…If you have a lot of authority in your organization,…then you could try something like the Kotter approach.…You could try the eight step approach…to build your team and lead a change.…If you're a project manager, director, or mid-level manager,…then you might not have the authority to make big changes.…Instead, you might try some of the practices…that you'll find in the book Fearless Change.…
It's here you'll see how to approach culture changes…on an emotional level.…You'll make the change…almost like organizational group therapy.…Everyone will voice their fears…and have a hand in running their own future.…This inability to change your organization's culture…is one of the leading causes…of failed enterprise agile transformations.…That's why it's so important to understand this challenge…before you start the change.…Remember that many of your challenges will be common…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize what must be in place before implementing a framework.
- Identify a simple strategy for implementing organizational change.
- Name the culture type that pushes for certainty and depends upon hierarchy.
- Recall what occurs in a competence culture.
- Explain organizational culture and describe how it relates to an agile transformation.
- Define the fearless change approach.
- List the eight steps in Kotter’s 8-Step approach.