Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Fear of change, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- I've always been a bad swimmer.…Over the years I've been on many swim teams…and tried different styles, but it doesn't matter.…I'm just not a very good swimmer.…When I was 15, I was on my first swim team.…My coach decided to put me in a race…where I competed in the breaststroke.…He helped me onto the dive platform,…and I got up in front of dozens of families.…My legs trembled on the cold platform…as I stood there in my tiny blue swimsuit.…He put his hand on the platform and said,…"Don't fight your fear.…
"It's your body's way of telling you you're ready."…There's a misconception about change.…People often think that to make an impact,…you'll need a powerful leader with a clear vision.…There's an idea that everyone will listen…to the leader and bravely fall in line behind the change.…In reality an organizational change…is more like group therapy.…There are large groups of people…who want to overcome their fears.…They'll want to feel empowered to move slowly…and often unwillingly to make a change.…
That's why fearless change uses the term fear.…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize what must be in place before implementing a framework.
- Identify a simple strategy for implementing organizational change.
- Name the culture type that pushes for certainty and depends upon hierarchy.
- Recall what occurs in a competence culture.
- Explain organizational culture and describe how it relates to an agile transformation.
- Define the fearless change approach.
- List the eight steps in Kotter’s 8-Step approach.