In this video, learn about meeting facilitation skills BAs need to be successful, engage participants, and build a shared understanding.
BA's facilitate a lot of meetings,…and this is a big responsibility.…The cost of meetings a BA facilitates each year…can easily exceed a million U.S. dollars.…It's also quite common for more than half of his time…to be wasted by poorly facilitated meetings.…This resonates with Brady the BA as about half of his day…is hosting meetings about requirements.…Facilitating meetings is about making sure…the meeting makes good use of everyone's time.…
It meets the objective,…and an objective is something…that everyone in the meeting cares about.…Meeting facilitation skills are something that we learn…and grow in throughout our careers,…from small simple meetings to high-stakes decision meetings.…The first part of any meeting facilitation is the prep.…Brady doesn't have much time for prep.…It often gets put aside for other priorities.…Over the years, Brady has learned that meeting prep…is everything and now makes a huge difference…in the success of the meeting.…
Brady used to simply create an agenda…but wasn't sure if it had meaningful purpose…
- Identify the elements of co-creating.
- Explore the fundamentals of influencing without authority.
- Determine the essentials for facilitating a meeting.
- Break down the important verbal skills necessary to be a stellar business analyst.
- Define business acumen.
- Examine the important elements of innovative business skills.
- Recognize the impact of systems thinking in regard to analytical skills.
- Define data analysis.