Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Export OmniPlan projects, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- The design of OmniPlan means that…you will do most of your work…right inside the interface.…But there are various ways that OminPlan is extensible.…That it can share its information in different ways.…Some of these are very straightforward,…like just printing out different views.…The pro version also has reports.…And then there's some choices for importing and exporting…your project, and that's what I want to look at here.…You can do this with any project at all.…And we want to start by going up under File…to take a look at Export.…
And I just want to run through some of these choices…and we'll do just one of them at the end,…but I want to talk about most of them.…You can export as an OmniPlan document, obviously.…That's going to be a little like Save As,…which does not exist in OmniPlan.…ICS files are calendar files,…so you can export in a way that can…come into calendar programs, like iCal.…Comma Separated Values, that is the actual data…put into a spreadsheet format, or CSV, or comma separated.…
And that's the one that I want to look at…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.