Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore Preferences, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- It's always a good idea to take a look…at the preferences in a program.…It gives you a good idea of what sorts of things…you can control and things you may have missed.…So I want to take a look.…In this case we've seen some…of these things in other movies,…and we'll see someof them in more detail…in other movies that cover…the pro version of the software.…So I want to be careful here.…I'm using the trial version myself as you may also be.…So that is pro.…So we'll see certain things that if you are installed…with just the standard version you won't see.…
Here we are in preferences,…and in preferences we have some…buttons for different panes across the top.…You can read them out,…and I'm going to click on most of them.…In our general pane,…it's not a whole lot going on here.…Some things about the way Tab reacts…when we're editing.…You may have seen this in other programs…that both have text blocks…and have cells or different areas.…Is Tab going to act more like a typewriter tab,…or act more like a web browser tab?…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.