Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore Calendar view, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Calendar view is a special view in OmniPlan…that allows you to work on and edit…the calendar parameters for your project.…So no great surprises there.…But I do want to show you some things…just about the way this view works and thinks…so that we can effectively put it to use.…So here I am in calendar view.…If you're not there, go ahead and click over…with the button on the top left.…And the first thing to notice about calendar view…is in the center where you normally see…the gap chart in task view,…what you have instead is a weekly calendar.…
And the next thing I want to point out is…that this works in a drag and drop gooey fashion…that we are pretty familiar with calendars working.…So what I mean is: if I go to one of these blocks,…which is our normal morning hours,…you see I can drag to move that.…I can also drag on the edges, so if you are starting earlier…in the morning, you see I'm changing…the size of the block there,…and I can drag the other edge.…So if we don't work on Fridays,…or Friday mornings, or I guess…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.