- When you're faced with multiple options…but you can only choose one,…how do you make the best decision?…For example, do you build a new plant…or upgrade the old one?…To make the right decision,…you calculate an expected monetary value.…EMV is primarily used in risk management…to numerically prioritize risk.…EMV analysis allows potential alternatives to be evaluated…by factoring in both probability and impact…for every possible decision.…
EMV is a risk neutral technique that's void of all emotion.…It's a process that will help you decide…based strictly on the numbers.…If you recall,…exposure equals probability multiplied by impact.…Positive risks or opportunities…are normally expressed as positive values…while negative risks or threats…are normally expressed as negative values.…Another way to look at EMV…is that it's the summation of the exposures…for each possible outcome.…
Let me give you an example of the type of question…you might see on the exam.…You're working on a project where you have to decide…whether to build a new piece of software for $100,000…
- What to expect on exam day
- Reviewing the fundamental aspects of project management
- Key success factors
- Navigating the CAPM® exam
- Managing your time on the exam
- Reviewing practice questions
- Establishing a solid study routine
- Reading for understanding
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CAPM® Foundations
2. Tips and Tricks for Passing the CAPM® Exam
3. Practice Questions
4. Mentally Preparing for the Exam
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.