Leading the execution of a project requires careful planning and an appropriate set of tools. This online course looks at some of the most useful techniques for ensuring project success. Project teams need to communicate and escalate issues for resolution. Project scorecards help track progress and highlight issues.
- Execution is where the rubber meets the road…for project leaders and their teams.…In this video, we'll look at how to be successful…when you make this shift from creating a project plan…to executing that plan.…I've heard people say that no plan survives…its first contact with reality.…So in order to ensure that the team has the best chance…for success during the execution phase,…the project leader really needs…to stay focused on three things.…Communication, metrics, and issues.…
First and foremost, the leader needs…to maintain communication with and between…the members of the team.…Maintaining communication sounds easy,…but it can be really hard.…When team members start executing,…they can get so focused on their own work…that they forget about where it fits in…with all of the other activities.…One way to help inoculate your team…against this situation is to share the communication plan…with them early in the process.…Ensuring that everyone understands how and when…information is going to be shared…will make is easier to manage the entire project.…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.