Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Evangelizing change, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- Ovid's Metamorphoses included a poem…about a young sculptor named Pygmalion.…In the poem, Pygmalion had created a statue so beautiful…that he fell in love with it while sculpting.…When he tried to kiss the statue,…the goddess Aphrodite willed…his beautiful sculpture to life.…In the poem, Pygmalion created something beautiful,…and it was his expectations…that brought the sculpture to life.…When you're making a large organizational change,…you can benefit from the same effect.…You can create a self-fulfilling prophecy where…your enthusiasm helps recruit others to make big changes.…
This is one of the key roles for a change evangelist.…They need to have a contagious excitement…that wills you change into existence.…That's why Fearless Change places…so much emphasis on this change evangelist role.…Still, it's not the only role in the book.…There are several different roles and patterns…for making a large scale organizational change.…After you've created this contagious excitement,…there's still a lot of practical steps to start the change.…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize what must be in place before implementing a framework.
- Identify a simple strategy for implementing organizational change.
- Name the culture type that pushes for certainty and depends upon hierarchy.
- Recall what occurs in a competence culture.
- Explain organizational culture and describe how it relates to an agile transformation.
- Define the fearless change approach.
- List the eight steps in Kotter’s 8-Step approach.