Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Evangelizing change, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- Ovid's Metamorphoses included a poem…about a young sculptor named Pygmalion.…In the poem, Pygmalion had created a statue so beautiful…that he fell in love with it while sculpting.…When he tried to kiss the statue,…the goddess Aphrodite willed…his beautiful sculpture to life.…In the poem, Pygmalion created something beautiful,…and it was his expectations…that brought the sculpture to life.…When you're making a large organizational change,…you can benefit from the same effect.…You can create a self-fulfilling prophecy where…your enthusiasm helps recruit others to make big changes.…
This is one of the key roles for a change evangelist.…They need to have a contagious excitement…that wills you change into existence.…That's why Fearless Change places…so much emphasis on this change evangelist role.…Still, it's not the only role in the book.…There are several different roles and patterns…for making a large scale organizational change.…After you've created this contagious excitement,…there's still a lot of practical steps to start the change.…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
- Establishing the groundwork
- Understanding the change
- Reviewing organizational culture
- Identifying your organizational culture
- Trying the Kotter approach
- Being fearless
- Evangelizing change
- Changing myths
- Focusing on culture
- Dealing with common challenges