Learn how an agile product owner can actively guide a team through estimating exercises, and what estimating numbers and metrics mean to teams. Angela discusses the importance of estimating for agile teams and the role the product owner plays in this acti
- Estimating isn't just for developers on agile teams.…Everyone plays a role in the process,…including the product owner.…The product owner has a large stake in the estimates,…and one that might not be obvious.…It's not as much about money, resources, and schedule,…it's about minimum viable product, or MVP.…MVP makes sure the team builds only enough and just enough.…The product owner is present and active during estimating.…
They bring clarity to goals, assumptions,…acceptance criteria, and help determine…options and alternatives.…This keeps the team on the same page with estimates…and what's actually needed.…It prevents the team from building too much or too little.…This estimating happens with multiple levels of granularity.…For items further out in the backlog,…release plan, and road map,…the estimates have a larger range of uncertainty.…For the next upcoming sprint,…the estimates are much more detailed and specific.…
Estimates are based on the team's actual velocity,…meaning the team's pace from previous sprints.…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.