An effective ERP system coordinates your company’s inventory management activities. In this video, Steven explains enterprise resource planning and the role such systems play in inventory control efforts.
- Enterprise resource planning or ERP coordinates…your inventory, as well as your company's efforts…to manage and control that inventory.…As the name implies, an ERP software system allows…the enterprise to effectively plan the use of its resources…by connecting all functional areas of the organization.…The key is that the system,…and therefore all of its users share one database…for all departments and all applications.…So everyone has the same inventory-related information.…
The purpose of enterprise resource planning…is to support planning and execution systems,…and the decisions they drive throughout your company.…For example, a customer order is tracked as it moves through…the process, and transactions are automatically updated.…This gives people in each part of operations management…the information they need to make appropriate decisions.…Like people in planning, quality, and materials management.…And the system helps you keep track…of the inventory needed for that customer order.…
As software and modules have been added…
- Describe what takt time is and why it’s used.
- Explain how using standardized parts reduces costs.
- Summarize the importance of quality at the source.
- Cite who should manage lean inventory.
- Describe how to create a lean culture in your business.